You might have seen my breakfast muffin recipe before but these banana blueberry muffins are a slightly different twist. Still using those manky over-ripe bananas but including some fresh blueberries and trendy chia seeds. No refined sugars, only honey for sweetness. Basically super food heaven.
Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 250g Wholemeal flour
- 100g Oats
- 2 Bananas (the riper the better)
- 150g Blueberries
- 50g Walnuts (or whatever your favourite nut is)
- 100ml Sunflower oil
- 50ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tsp Black chia seeds
- Pre heat oven to 160fan/180c/gas 4.
- Line a 12 case tin and set aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients except the chia seeds in a large bowl.
- In a roomy jug, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add the oil, milk, vanilla, eggs and honey. Mix well.
- Add the wet to the dry, along with the blueberries, and gently fold until everything is mixed.
- Spoon into the cases, sprinkle with the black chia seeds and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
Eat warm with a cuppa!