This is so simple I’m not sure it’s worth a post. But as I’m all about simplicity, I’m going to share it anyway. So basically, I had a packet of gnocchi sat in my cupboard for months (fear not, they have an amazing shelf life!) and kept thinking, I’ll do something with that. Weeks past and well, here is the outcome. Ooey gooey molten cheesy loveliness. Seriously some of the best comfort food you could ask for. Especially on the freezing cold day like today.
The brilliant thing about this is that it it essentially 5 ingredients. And you can mix and match cheeses to what you like, and what you have in the fridge. You could also leave out the ham to make it veggie, plus there are some great gluten free options for the gnocchi. So all in all, it’s a winner.
Baked Gnocchi with Broccoli & Proscuitto
400g Gnocchi (average packet)
250g Marscapone cheese (small tub)
40g Parmesan, grated (equivalent hard cheese is fine)
100g Cheddar, grated
150g Brocolli (roughly 1/3 of a standard crown)
100g Proscuitto (4-5 slices)
- Put your oven on to heat to 180°c fan / 200°c / gas 6.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil.
- Once boiling, add the broccoli for 3 minutes and then the gnocchi for another 2 minutes.
- Drain and put to one side.
- In the same pan, gently heat the marscapone and then add 2/3 of the cheeses, stirring continuously until everything is melted.
- Add your cooked gnocchi and broccoli and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into an oven proof dish, break up and scatter the proscuitto, pushing some bits into the sauce. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and bubbling.
Soooooooo good! If you make it, let me know what you think.